24 February, 2011

As usual, much ado about nothing

It started precipitating while I was getting my hair done yesterday evening.  It was hailing and then lightly snowing when I actually left, but the roads remained clear.  It did snow a bit during the night but when I got ready to leave for my appointment this morning the roads were clear.  It is very cold, below freezing, and as I was walking in from the parking garage it started to snow little tiny flakes.  But it is my opinion that there is not going to be much of an accumulation and I will be able to go to the shore tomorrow with Tink.  Yay!!!!  I will make reservations today for Cannon Beach.   If I can't find anything reasonable there I will stop at Seaside instead.  I like Cannon Beach better but it is only about 11 miles from Seaside so we will be able to go there as well.  Tink loves the beach.  It is going to be cold but it will be very nice to get away by myself.  I can certainly put up with a little bit of cold.

I really really want to run but I am not crazy (truly, I am not) and if it is still snowing in 30 minutes I will just forget about it.  Running in the snow is just a bit over the top.  I worked on my boring project last night.  I need to concentrate on finishing up those sleeves so I can put the ugly thing together and forget about it!  I will take them with me this weekend.  It is perfect knitting for a weekend away.  I can drink wine and not worry about  messing it up since it's just stockinette. 

No comments: