23 February, 2011

Pink gloves 2

I wasn't the only one surprised by the arrival of the pink gloves yesterday.  I called my sister after I had opened the envelope, thinking that she had somehow gotten in touch with a work colleague in London and talked them in to doing her the favor.  She said she would have liked to take the credit but could not, in good conscience.

I woke up at 4:20 am.  I was sure I could get back to sleep but I didn't.  It's probably a good think I don't have a comfy chair or couch in this office (not that there's any room for one) because I would surely close the door and settle in for a nap.

I had a SUPER good run yesterday afternoon.  It started sleeting one mile into it but it was not so bad and I finished up my whole hour.  If I can get another one or two runs in this week and do 3 or 4 next week I should be able to run the race in March.  I guess it just depends on the weather.  We are supposed to be getting more snow today.  There wasn't any on the roads here but a little ways north they are closing schools.  I had to drive today because I have an appointment after work and I must drive tomorrow because I have an appointment in the morning, so I am hoping we don't get much, if any.  The media always make such a fuss about snow and usually it is a tempest in a teapot.  What I am really worried about is Friday because I am planning on taking Tinkerbell and escaping to the Oregon coast for the weekend.  If the roads are bad that will hamper my escape.  So fingers crossed people!

Noon knitting today.  I am getting very close to finishing up the stranded work on the Cloisonne Jacket.  And oh I am going to celebrate when that is done.  Plus everyone is getting darned tired of looking at it as well.  Peggy  keeps telling me to take it home and work on it, but if I did that I'd put it in a basket and never take it out.  This way it is going to get done.  Slowly.  But done.

No comments: