16 February, 2011

Why do I even bother to read it?!!???

The weather reports.  Useless!  Of course you know that.  Everyone knows that, it seems, except me.  Yesterday I took the bus because it was supposed to be stormy again but it was clear when I left.  Sure enough it did start raining, hard, just about the time I was ready to have my run.  I waited until I was just too hungry for lunch, ate it and then it cleared up.  grrrrr ...  It got bad again during the night and it was supposed to be showers this morning turning to hard rain in the afternoon.   So rather than take care of my bike tires last night I figured there would be no way I would be biking this morning.  Come morning I look out - no rain. No wind.  Oh I am just kicking myself!!  I can't run today because of knitting at noon.  I need my endorphins!  I have to drive in tomorrow because I've got an appointment in the morning so I am going to keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to run tomorrow because if I don't ... I'm going to go crazy.  Or crazier, I should say.  Since I don't seem to be able to sleep much these days, I am feeling very crazy. 

I just realized that I have a long weekend coming up.  I don't have any plans, obviously, because I had forgotten all about it.  Unfortunately Mr. M has no shows this weekend.    I need some time alone.  Alas, that's not going to happen.

I was looking for a book to read last night before sleep.  Like most people I keep a stack of books by  my bed.  I have two there that I have started and  I always try to finish a book once I've started it but, sometimes I just need to start a new one.  That was last night.  I went through the books and got to the bottom of the pile where I found a book that my sister had given me on one of  her visits.  She typically buys a book at the airport when she travels and this was one of those.  This edition came out after the movie so the actresses are in character on the cover.  The title ... I'm blanking ...ah!  The Hours.  The movie is most famous for Nicole Kidman's big fake nose.  I read a few chapters before I went to sleep.  I think I will like it.

The Tepotzlan is booooring still.  I did a few inches on the sleeves.  Gosh all this time I have coming up this weekend.  I sure wish I had a fun project to knit on.  Maybe I will give myself dispensation to work on a more exciting project.  Not start a new one -- no no no.  But at least have something with interest to work on.  Maybe.

No comments: