07 February, 2011

As we say goodbye to football for another year

I never look forward to this time of the year.  No more football and nothing but weeks and weeks of bad weather.  Not my favorite time of year.  And since my vacation has already been had I don't even have that to dream about.  Ah me ... could be worse, always.

The Super Bowl game itself was rather good and I wanted the Steelers to lose, so that's good.  However, we did not win any of our squares.  We came very close but no luck for us.  My nephew came over - he was sharing in the four squares with me and Andre and another guy.  It was a quiet party.  Mr. M's brother and sister in law came and they stayed upstairs in the theatre.  I don't like watching things up there.  It's too dark.  I stayed downstairs with Monika and my nephew and Tink and Andre spread their time evenly upstairs and down. 

Monika had brought a knitting project so we kept our hands busy.  I still have quite a few more inches to go but I'm getting there.  I did put the Tepotzlan pieces on the table to get a better measurement and found I had put one marker in the wrong place entirely.  Monika spent quite some time reading and re-reading the instructions for the bodice because she agrees with me that something is not right with it.  It was quick knit so once I get the other parts done and try to put it together -- I can maybe baste it and try it on.  I might have to take it out and redo the bodice.  Just wing it.  It just seems odd to me that nobody else said anything about it so it could be that once it's put together it'll work.

I'm in a pretty bad mood.  I hope it goes away soon.

No comments: