04 February, 2011

A milestone

I watched my odometer turn over to 90000 this morning.   And that's just how exciting my life is. 

Still no luck with the program troubleshooting.  I don't know how many hours I spent on it yesterday.  It gets to a point where you MUST figure it out.  As in -- I'm not going to let this stupid program beat me.  I did finally get someone on the forum to address the issue but nothing he suggested has worked yet.  Maybe today will be the day.

Also my calibration still isn't right on.  I was able to easily (!) run the mile yesterday and the Nike+ was 2/10th of a mile off from the Garmin.  I walked the second mile back rather than push my luck - I had biked in and nothing hurt after that one mile.  So far so good.  The Garmin battery was low anyway so I couldn't check the accuracy on the way back.  Since I was retracing my steps I could get it nearly right and the Nike+ still seemed to be off.  I'll work on it some more next week.  Now I am concerned that the Garmin might not be accurate -- oh, but I did check its accuracy on a 5K run that had been measured and was certified accurate so I am pretty sure the Garmin is accurate versus the Nike+.  I'm going to be rather disappointed if I can't get it to calibrate accurately.  I like my gadgets but only if they work properly.

Tink and I had a lovely quiet evening alone last night.  Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary, just nice and quiet.  I did some more work on the boooooring Tepotzlan.  I won't have time tonight since I've got to attend a birthday party at 6 for my niece, but tomorrow I'm going to lay those two strips on the table and measure them.  I goofed up and missed placing the last marker so the pieces are not marked identically.  Since it's stockinette the sides are rolling and it's hard to measure on the coffee table.  (I know I know ...)  And I don't want to have to knit this boring stuff any longer than absolutely necessary!

My love for the Scrabble games with real people is waning.  I have found that most people just stop playing if they're not winning!  What fun is that?  It's really rather annoying.  I think 3 games so far have gone all the way.  I won 2 and lost the other and it was pretty obvious I'd have to pull off a couple of 7 letter words to win it but I kept playing anyway.  People either forfeit or, worse, just quit.  Plus it eats up the iPhone battery.

Super Bowl Sunday -- I don't think we're going to have very many people over but it'll be fun anyway.  Especially if I win more money.  Yeah.

No comments: