17 February, 2011

Little steps, but steps all the same

I had an appointment this morning so rather than go into work and have to turn right around and leave again I decided to go from here so I got to sleep in a little bit.  That felt good.  It did not feel good to get up though because the furnace has broken again.  I believe that when the guy fixed it last time he replaced the plate with a used one.  Because Mr. M had an install I came home after my appointment and now I'm sitting in a cold house drinking hot peppermint tea trying to stay warm.  The gas fireplace downstairs doesn't do much unless one is standing right in front of it.  Thankfully it's not all that cold outside.  The really cold weather that has been predicted all week has yet to show up.  Crazy.

Still nothing exciting knitting wise.  Just plugging away on that stockinette disaster.  It keeps my hands busy.  My mind is always racing these days.  Every night I just hope that I don't wake up and when I do ... because invariably I do ... I hope that it's early enough that I can pop a Benedryl.  Otherwise I start thinking about things and then I'm toast.   Every day moves me a step closer to untangling this mess.  That keeps me going, knowing that it WILL get untangled and now, sooner rather than later.  I have one big hurdle to get over and then things should move a little more quickly and smoothly.  Or at least that is my fervent hope.

No comments: