18 February, 2011

Furnace woes

I spent yesterday afternoon working from home, waiting for the repairman to arrive.  And it was cold!  I finally took my laptop downstairs and sat next to the gas fireplace.  Thank goodness for that thing!  And drinking cup after cup of peppermint tea to keep my hands warm.  Of course something like this has to happen when we are having another cold snap, right?  He finally arrive around 6 pm!!  And he worked and worked on it.  Turns out it isn't the strike place .. or heat plate or whatever.  The bottom line is that he couldn't fix it and needs to come back today.  The gas fireplace ran all night and actually kept the place comfortable.  But still, I sure hope he can fix it today.

I simply couldn't face another evening working on that boring project so, against my own rules, I picked up the Frock Camisole and started working on that again.  I am not loving the linen since it falls out/off the skeins and I have to keep each ball in a zip lock.  I am loving the fabric though.  And I understand that when one washes linen it becomes very soft.

A long weekend is coming up.  Monday is President's Day.  Right now all I want to do is sleep.  I plan on doing a lot of that this weekend and not much else.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thing you had that gas fireplace to cozy up for the evening. I hope everything’s doing great with your furnace now. The cold season is here again, and the last thing you need is for your heating utilities to break down. Take care, and I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Levi Eslinger @ Capital Plumbing

Unknown said...

Having a substitute heat source is good. It’s quite hard to imagine how someone can survive those cold nights without a furnace. Anyway, I hope your furnace has already been fixed by now. As much as possible, have it checked regularly, so that you could have an idea about certain stuff that needs to be fixed. All the best!

Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

Andy Jones said...

To go without heat at any time of the year can be a difficult thing. Glad to know you had an alternative when your furnace broke down. By now, I hope you're keeping everything about your furnace shipshape. Cheers!

Andy Jones @ AQS Comfort