02 February, 2011

Is obsession too strong a word?

Not that I don't still lllllove Angry Birds, but I have discovered that the updated Scrabble app for my iPhone has an option for playing games with real people.  Anonymously of course.   You can have numerous games going at the same time.  So far I haven't been beaten and all but one of my opponents forfeited.  One of the games I am playing now I believe I am going to lose because for the second time in 3 turns I have a rack full of vowels.  I have already skipped a turn to exchange letters so I am way behind.

I did try to calibrate my Nike+ Sensor yesterday.   Using the Garmin, which is a GPS device and therefore accurate, I did a mile walking and then told the Nike+ that was a mile.  To test it I turned around and walked another mile.  It was off by more than 2/10ths of a mile.  I can't do it again today because it's noon knitting, but I'll give it another go tomorrow.  Maybe I should try running rather than walking.  My foot didn't hurt after the two mile walk but we all know running is way different.

"Skippy Dies" is the current audio book I'm listening to.  It is an awesome book.  The hardback is more than 600 pages.  It's a long listen but I am loving every second of it and the story is incredible.

Now I have 2 1/2 hours of meetings to attend.  gah

No comments: