03 February, 2011

I feel so naughty!

It is very important to wear goggles or some sort of eye covering when you're biking and I always have either my clear goggles or sunglasses or my regular glasses.  But I am such a creature of habit and my goggles were not with my helmet and gloves, where they usually are, because the last time I rode in I was wearing my regular glasses.  Therefore I went off without any eye protection.  I was a few blocks away when the unfamiliar sense of freedom registered -- no glasses.  But I said the heck with it and went on without.  If it had been raining I would have stopped and dug them out but it wasn't so I took a chance.  No bugs in the eyes.  Yay

Yesterday was a brutal day.  The meetings ate up the entire morning, then knitting so I didn't get out for a run and finally the afternoon spent vainly trying to track down the problem with a php script.  There are few things more frustrating than troubleshooting programming, especially if it's someone else's script.  I have posted a question on a forum so hopefully I can figure this mess out because I'm about ready to tear my hair out.

The weather has been incredible.  It was beautiful yesterday - sunny and windless.  And in the rest of the country it's snowy.  I don't know how we lucked out this winter, but I'm not complaining.  I should have good weather for a run today.  I think I'll just do 1/2 hour and try to calibrate my Nike+ sensor again.  I feel like I'm almost back up to speed already.  I was less than 1 minute off pace today on my ride in so I believe I can easily ... well, 'easily' is relative here ... run a mile nonstop to do the calibration.  If I'm terribly winded I can walk a bit and then do another mile back to check the calibration.

I was so beat when I got home last night I didn't do much except play a little Scrabble and make dinner and after an hour or so knitting I went up and read until my eyes wouldn't stay open - which wasn't very late.  If I take Tink up with me before 10, even if I let her out to do her thing before I head up, she is more likely than not to want to go out in the middle of the night.  So sure thing, 1 am she wanted to go out.  I let her stay out for 10 or so minutes and back up we went and I fell right back asleep. 

Okay -- now to hunt for more clues on why that freaking script won't run!!!

No comments: