19 May, 2011

A beautiful work at home dayI

The title says it all.  It's beautiful outside and I'm working from home.  The poplar trees are now in full leaf so I don't see the freeway - only beautiful, leafy trees.  If I had the door open to the lanai then I'd hear the noise of the traffic, but it's not quite that warm yet.  It most likely will be this afternoon.  I've got an appointment at 3:30 and I will run some errands at lunch.  I am now especially glad I took this apartment rather than one on the other side of the building facing the pool and gardens, because they're doing more noisy work in the pool area.  I can't even hear it over here.  The pools are going to be gorgeous!  They have replaced the white tile around the edges of the pools with brick and started grouting it last night.  I don't know what they're going to do with the area around the pools, which was previously just cement.  It would be nice if they tiled it as well, but since tile tends to be super slippery when wet, I am guessing they won't be doing that.

Tink was rather needy again last night so I didn't get as much knitting done as I had hoped.  There are five increases to be made to balance out the five decreases for the waist and I am on the second of these.  Then it will be knit knit knit to 14 inches, try it on for length and then do the curved hem.  It is going to be so cute!

I got an email from a group I signed up for a few years ago but have yet to attend one of the events.  It's called Seattle Uncorked, and it's a group that does wine tastings and things like that.  I could never persuade the soon-to-be-ex to attend any of the events with me and now I got an email for one I would really like to participate in.  I am lacking partners right now.  I love hanging out with my friend M, but she doesn't drink so things like this are pretty boring for her.  Ah well.  It will sort itself out in time, this lack of playmates.  It always does.  I need some patience.  Anyone know where I can find some?

No comments: