10 May, 2011

Walking the cat

No, it's not the name of a new dance, although it would be a pretty cool name for a band, don't you think?  Anyway ... on the way in to work today I saw a women walking her cat down the street in a harness.  And the cat was participating, not struggling to run this way or that, but trotting along obediently.  I think it's odd that I don't see more people walking their cats, considering it's city living and the apartment dwelling cats don't get much exercise.  Well, they're not like dogs now, are they?

Yesterday I did NOT run in a short sleeved shirt.  It wasn't that warm, unfortunately.  Maybe later this week.  One can only hope.  I have noticed that despite the clouds and rain, the pollen is at high levels and my allergies are annoying me.  I had a huge sneezing fit last night, so something in my environment blooms in the evening.  Thankfully a Benedryl will take care of the symptoms.

I am just still so happy with my workout routine.  I can honestly say I haven't been in this good of shape since before my dad died.  It's not like I stopped workout out altogether.  I never stopped biking or running, but I did quit going to the gym.  But now that I'm using my Wii and the EA Sports More Workouts disk I have noticed that my arms are shaping right up again.  I guess all those years and years and years of working out were worth it.  After 3 years of neglect they still remember where they're supposed to be! 

The evening was spent working on the Rondeur.  I finished one entire repeat of the cable pattern for the yoke increases.  That's about a third of the way through the increases.  It should go much faster after the yoke is done.  I am still llllloving this yarn!  I am going to have to keep my eyes peeled for this.  I want more.

No comments: