20 May, 2011

The good and the bad

Yesterday was a magnificent day.  I worked at home in the morning, ran errands at lunch and gave Tink a nice long walk in the sunshine.  It is sunny again today!  It was somewhat breezy yesterday and not all that warm, but gorgeous all the same. 

My lawyer finally got the Settlement Letter written, I approved it and it should be sent off today. That is a HUGE weight off my mind.  And I come to find out that they (the soon-to-be-ex and his lawyer) have not even made a Response to the Petition yet!  Every day I feel a little more awake, as if I was under a spell.  When one considers that I went from caring for my Dad and all that entailed and cost me emotionally, and then going right into a relationship for all of the wrong reasons ..... I never got to re-group.  Totally and completely my fault.  I know better -- I knew better.  So I am, understandably, most anxious to put this chapter away and get on with the business of living a happy, joyful life.  And it just drives me CRAZY that the other parties are not feeling the same sense of urgency.  Ah well, it's a journey and I might as well try to enjoy my life while I'm traveling this road.

I was knitting around on my Rondeur, very happy with the progress I was making.  I was on third increase when I realized that I had made increases at the right underarm as well as the front and back darts!!  Arghghgh!!  I should have put a different colored marker under that arm.  The other side underarm is the beginning of the row and it has the counter marker.  So, what did I do?  I thought I'd be super smart (warning words) and just unravel the knitting when I got to the marker, down to the first incorrect increase.  What I didn't take into account is that there would be long strings because I had knit 12 rows.  It wasn't something that would block out and since this is a very close fitting garment I had no choice but to threat a needle through a rows below the start of the increases and rip back.  I decided to do this while I was sitting in my comfy chair watching TV - hubris, my friends.  By the time I got around to the beginning of the row I was off by 3 rows.  What I need to do is get a smaller than size 5 needle, first mistake, and sit down at a table and do it correctly.  So I had to put it away before I did any more damage.  It'll have to wait until the end of the weekend.  I'm going out to dinner with Mikie tonight!  yay!

So then I had some fun.  Some of the best kind of fun.  I got into my closet and tried on clothes I haven't been able to wear for a few months,  a LONG few months.  I was very gratified that my regime is giving me great results and rather quickly.  The woman who does my hair told me I looked "tiny".  Yay! 

Now on the to the rant portion of our program --- Generally speaking living in my apartment is not so bad, all things being equal.  However, there are lots and lots of students living there as well because of the close proximity to the North Seattle Community College.  In my building, one floor down, is an apartment comprising two couples - young Japanese students.  And they smoke, of course.  And I don't care what they do in their apartment, but what they do that drives me insane is that they smoke in the elevator!!  Not only that, they get in there, take a drag, then drop their cigarette butts on the floor and step on them!   Really?  You can't go down one floor without smoking?  Seriously, they live on the second floor so they are maybe out of their apartment and downstairs and out the front door in less than a minute.  I just want to slap them. I won't.  But I WANT to.

Here's to a happy and sunny weekend.
 

No comments: