02 May, 2011

What a great weekend!

I had lots to do on Saturday and it was pretty nice - which equals not raining - in the morning so Tink and I took off on foot to get my T-shirt and timing tag for the race on Sunday.  The pick up spot was a little bit further along that I had thought but it was doable and we were back home in just under two hours.  Tinkerbell was so tired that she stopped a couple of times on the way back and she even laid down in the elevator on the ride up to the apartment!  Needless to say she was quiet for most of the rest of the day.  I finished up my errands and had an early dinner before I headed up north to Gregg's to do a little rehearsing.  He has a really cool old old house.  But I sure would hate living so far away from the city.  It took me almost 45 minutes to get there.  We have four really good songs.  It is so nice to sing with him rather than Doug.  I got home at a decent hour and headed to bed early because I had to get up early on Sunday for the race.

At this time, it is pouring rain.  But yesterday ..... it was a gorgeous day!  A perfect race day and I had a pretty good race.  Not perfect but good.  I had forgotten to take a puff from my inhaler, and that would have helped me a bit.  My main problem was that I started out too fast so I started running down at about 2 1/2 miles.  I think it they had put up markers for people, like most races do, so that if you run a 10 minute mile you start at one point and each half minute there is another marker so the slower runners start together.  Also there were walkers mixed in with the runners ... it was chaos at first so I was running hard to get out of the mess.  Oh well, I finished and that's what counts.  I was less than a minute behind what I wanted to run, so that is good. 

When I got home I took Tink for a walk and then cleaned up and went to lunch and did a little shopping.  It was just so pretty outside!  Today we're back to our regularly scheduled rain rain rain.  And I'm home with a tummy bug.  I don't know if it's something I ate yesterday or what.  I'm just going to lay low and hope to feel better tomorrow.

No comments: