23 May, 2011

Where did the weekend go?

Yup, it was one of those weekends.  Zip.  But fun, definitely fun.  Friday McG picked me up from work and we went to my place so I could walk Tink and change.  We had reservations at one of my favorite little restaurants for a nice catching up dinner.  Rookie mistake though.  Having been counting calories I had a very empty stomach and put two martinis into it before dinner.  Not a good idea.  Not a good idea at all.  It wasn't that I got sick or anything, but I didn't wake up feeling all that great.  I'm out of practice, it seems.  So my Saturday was spent trying to recover.  I had plans to meet with Gregg to go over our songs for Sunday night so I had to get myself together by late afternoon.  Tink only got a short walk and I didn't get anything but grocery shopping done.  By 3 or so I was feeling mostly human, thank goodness.

I got out to Gregg's by 6 pm and he hadn't been feeling well all day either.  His was bacon related and frankly, I'd much rather be feeling sketchy due to alcohol than pork products, right?  Anyway we managed to get through the six songs and I got home at a decent hour and spent some quality cuddle time with Tink in my big chair.  Gregg and Jennifer's lilacs are just prime right now and he gave me a big bunch to take home with me.  Mmmmmm ... just yummy.

Sunday the weather was bad, big surprise, so we only had a medium long walk.  I needed to do my laundry since I hadn't gotten it done on Friday night.  Luck was with me and I put a couple loads in before we headed out for our walk.  While it was drying I settle down at the dining room table and started working on ripping back the Rondeur.  I know why I hate doing this - it's very difficult!  I just took it slow and I'd say it probably took me about an hour to get it done.  I am glad I took the time to do it right.  It's all ready now to re-start the increases and I just skipped the underarm marker for the left side.  I don't see why I need it and if I end up needing it later I can always put it in.

Since I was going to be gone for so long I brought Tink with me up to Snohomish.  Gregg and Jennifer have an old cat so Tink was very very interested in their house and more especially finding that kittie.  It was funny to watch her.  That cat didn't want anything at all to do with Tink.  They ended up putting the cat outside.

The gig was about what I expected.  I had a fun time.  Oddly enough some of my closest and oldest friends have never heard me sing, especially the country stuff.  Oh we've been out doing drunken karaoke and things like that but not a real gig.  It was nice to get the compliments.  It's a long way up there - it takes me 45 minutes, so I was gone for about 8 hours and I was exhausted by the time Mike's set was done, which was around 8:45.  I got home and got Tink walked all before 10 but then I couldn't settle down.  This always happens to me after I sing.  It takes hours and hours to relax.  I don't think I got to sleep until after midnight, but I feel great today.  It's going to be a busy week.  And that's good news.

No comments: