05 August, 2011

Aren't there audiobook editors?

There must be someone -- the director? -- who listens to an audiobook as it is being recorded.  One would assume that a professional narrator would know how to pronounce words, especially common ones.  I am currently listening to "Sing you home" by Jodi Picoult.  It has three narrators, two women and one man.  Both of the women mispronounce jewelery.  It's common enough for people to mangle that word, but a professional?  Every time they say it I want to scream, rip the headphones out of my ears and dash my iPhone to the ground in disgust!  Is this a normal reaction?  Perhaps not.  I don't do it, of course.  But I WANT to!

My run yesterday was glorious.  Strong and I can't wait for my next race to see if my faster miles will translate into a faster 5K.  Logic says it should but .....  Anyway, I'm not sure about running today, although I want to because I've got a decadent few days coming up.  Unfortunately both my ankle and knee of my left leg feel sore today.  The only reason I can think of is when I was getting in the car my left foot didn't pivot when I got in.  I felt a little twinge and forgot about it until this morning.  It will be a game time decision.

I am beginning to sound like a broken record but again, no knitting.  There was laundry to do and then I got a few phone calls, cooked some lovely salmon for dinner and there went the evening.  My friend Gregg, the one I sang with a few months ago, called to check in and let me know he's ready to get back to work.  I'm excited.  Oh!  And he has an audio of the performance he's going to send to me!  I can't wait to hear it.  I know the audience liked it so I want to hear what they heard.

It's going to be difficult to get through this day.  I am getting very excited about birthday in Vegas.  It's going to be so much fun!!!  I must take Tink to the kennel right after work and then get packed and do my best to get into bed at a decent hour because I have to be up at 6:30.  I'm also going to pack tonight and do my very best to not over pack.  I'm only going to be there for a long weekend and I'd really like to take my nice, smaller suitcase.  I'll just have to make it happen!  Oh .. and I made an appointment for a massage on Monday at the spa at the Mandalay Bay hotel, where we're staying, thanks to my sister.  Hopefully I'll have some fun pictures to post along the way.   

No comments: