15 August, 2011

Rediscovering a simple pleasure

I do believe my knitting mojo has returned!  I found myself with an hour or so before I had to leave for a facial on Sunday.  The chores were done and those mitts for my sister have been haunting me, so I sat down and got to work.  No music playing, no audio book in my ears, just my knitting and my thoughts.  I finished up the increases for the thumbs.  Later that evening while I was watching a movie I got the thumbs on waste yarn and now I have a couple more inches to go and I think I could be finished with them by Wednesday.  They wouldn't be such a pain normally but since I am using cotton yarn, which has very little stretch, I need to make the entire hand ribbed and therefore it is slow going where normally I would just be zooming along.  I'm just happy I got over the hump, so to speak.

After the previous weekend I truly enjoyed my quiet this weekend.  I did a little shopping on Saturday -- I bought some dog stairs for Tink so that she could come and go at will without waking me in the night to come up or get off the bed.  However, they are not very sturdy and she seems afraid of them.  I think it'll take a bit of work on my part to get her used to the idea.  She didn't wake me last night though and that is a good thing.  I also found a sleep mask, which is something I have been on the look out for.  Light really bothers me when I am sleeping and my bedroom is so stuffy.  I have the window opened wide but I must keep the blinds closed which impedes the airflow.   I can't get any cross breeze in this apartment because there are no windows on the corridor side, of course.  But  now that I have the sleep mask I can keep the blinds opened and that in combination with the fan makes for a much more restful sleep. 

Today I will start my training again, after a couple of weeks of sloth.  The race in September is right around the corner and I'm going to sign up for another in October.  Also, stress levels are about to rise significantly and my two a day workouts are going to be good stress busters. 

No comments: