18 August, 2011

Is this a scent for grownups??

Riding the bus -- we all know it's not my favorite thing.  It's not even in the top 25, quite frankly.  But it is a necessity now and I make the most of it.  Or, rather, the least of it.  I wear sunglasses so I can stare with impunity and keep my ear buds in and music or a book playing so I don't have to listen to the inane conversations around me.  [What's the female version of a curmudgeon?]  The smells though, I can't do anything about that.  Sometimes they are good and most of the times they are bad.  Very bad indeed.  This morning there was someone on the bus (I am assuming it was a woman) wearing some scent that was quite reminiscent of  a sweet breakfast roll.  That is not to say that I don't shower with sweet smelling shower gel.  I am quite the fan of the Philosophy vanilla soaps.  But I don't wear the perfume for crying out loud!  I arrived at work so hungry and just craving something sweet and squishy.  And I will have to settle for oatmeal and berries. 

Wednesday noon knitting I worked diligently on the fingerless driving mitts for my sister and then in the evening spent the better part of two hours on them.  I have 1/2 inch to go before I can cast off.  I always underestimate how long it will take me to complete these projects.  I should have the time down flat by now but no, I think I am a much faster knitter than I am.

I came to the sad realization yesterday that I will not be going to any Seahawks games this year!  I have no connections with tickets.  Come to think of it, I don't think I went to any last year either.  Did I?  No, I remember now I didn't.  I had a couple of chances but didn't take them because of who I would have to go with.  I guess we never know what's going to come up but I will resign myself now to watching them on TV.  It's not so bad - at least it's warm and dry and no traffic to fight.  This Saturday we have a pre-season game.  I will have to check the time.  I am spending the night with friends up in Mukilteo and I don't want to miss the start of the game.

I am looking forward to my run today.  I sure hope I can keep up the good speed!

No comments: