02 August, 2011

It looked so simple!

When I bought my iPad on Saturday I also bought a smart cover -- pink -- and a screen shield.  I put the screen protectors on my iPhone and I just can't imagine carrying that iPad around without protection for the screen, even though it has a cover.  Protection from scratches is the point.  It would just hate to accidentally scratch that beautiful screen.  Therefore I bought the best one they had and on Sunday I set about installing it.  Easier said than done, my friends.  It was, in fact, impossible to get that thing on there! I was so frustrated after ... oh maybe 30 minutes of trying .... that I just threw it away.  It had stuck to itself, it had flopped over onto the desk and picked up something that I couldn't get off.  I swear it had a life of its own.  I called the store yesterday and explained the situation and they said to just bring it back and they'd replace it and install it themselves for a small fee.  Done!  So after Tink's walk and a trip to the dry cleaner to get my new white jeans hemmed I headed over to Best Buy where I told that this is a very common occurrence and they put those screens on all the time.  I wish someone had mentioned that to me Saturday when I bought it.  And now it has to sit untouched for 24 hours.  Do you know how hard it was to bring that beauty home and not be able to touch it??  I left it at home today so I wouldn't be tempted.  I should be able to carve out some quality time tonight.

I didn't finish my after work chores and sit down until 7:30.  I was so tired from the day before and I wanted to go to bed early but I ended up staying up for a while longer than I had anticipated. No knitting but I watched a little bit of TV and got to bed at a decent hour but  I did not want to get going this morning.  And my apartment does stay very warm when the weather is warm so I need the fan going in the bedroom to make it tolerable.  Oddly the white noise coming from the fan mixed with the noise of the freeway sounds like someone talking on the radio so sometimes I wake up thinking the alarm has gone off when it hasn't.  I think I'll get a sleep mask because I can't get that bedroom dark enough to suit.

I had a very nice run yesterday.  It was warm enough for the running skirt but not blazing hot.  It does take me quite a while to cool down though.  I am going to try something this afternoon to hopefully make it a bit more comfortable for me while I do cool down.  Usually I just come into the office and get my lunch things and go eat but then I end up sitting there just pouring sweat (I know, not a pretty picture).  Today I will walk around outside for a few minutes.  Maybe that will do it.

No comments: