03 January, 2012

And we're back

Back to the real world and no more sleeping in, at least until the weekend.  I couldn't find the snooze button on my alarm clock this morning!  It seems ages since I've had to wake with the alarm.  I didn't stay up too late last night and I was able to get right to sleep so I feel just fine this morning.  And I am very much looking forward to my run this afternoon.  It's back on the straight and narrow for me.  I have to be ready to put on a bathing suit in two weeks, so I have to stop being so lazy and get back running *and* doing after work sessions as well. 

The weekend, by that I mean Sunday and Monday, was full of good football.  There were some good NFL games on Sunday and yesterday were two really good college bowl games.  I finished Kelli's beret on Saturday so Sunday I naturally started another project.  Naturally.  There is a package of Noro yarn that's been on my shelf for years and I couldn't decide what to use it for, but I found a ruffled girlie thing and I couldn't help myself.  It starts with the ruffle - miles and miles of ruffle.  Perfect TV knitting.  I finished one ball up yesterday and have started the second.  I believe it's going to take four balls just for the ruffle.

Tons of things to get done today and number one on my list is finalizing that booklet and getting it to the printer!  It was storming last night - wind and heavy rain - but it's nice this morning which is quite handy since I'm going to have to walk down to the printer.  I suppose I could take the bus, but it's just as easy to walk and as long as it's not lashing rain, I'd prefer to do that.  Poor Tink didn't get much exercise on either of her evening walks yesterday because it was coming down in buckets!  She just went out, did her business and then gave me a look.  Miserable weather.  At least it's not cold.

No comments: