10 January, 2012

Perhaps the most boring BCS title game ever

The title says it all -- last night was the final college football game, the BCS title game between Alabama and LSU.  These two teams are in the same division and played each other earlier in the year in a much closer game.  There was much hue and cry against having them play again and those people are vindicated today.  It was a blow out with Alabama running all over LSU, not allowing even a field goal.  Lucky for me, while the game started at 5:30 I didn't get to sit down until nearly 7, so once I saw the way it was going I fast forwarded to real time and didn't have to waste my entire evening.  Usually these bowl games are very exciting, so I was disappointed.  Ah well ... still a few more weeks of NFL to look forward to. 

I got another good hour into my ruffled wrap project.  It is going to be heavy.  Already it's difficult to manipulate and I'm not even half way through the body.  I am using my Denise needles and twice now a needle has detached from its cord.  I've been lucky enough to catch it in time, but it's a pain.  I must be more careful from now on.

Great news on the elbow front -- it is getting better and better every day.  I even did push ups yesterday evening as part of my workout and was able to get through both sets without any elbow pain!  I did get quite a twinge when I was walking Tink and holding the leash with my right hand.  Another dog lunged at her and she jerked my arm and that was painful, but not for long.  Hopefully I'll be fully recovered in another few weeks.  And now I know how it's done, I shall never do it again.

I am really enjoying my latest audio book and trying not to speed through it too quickly.  I like to stretch them out and only listen on my bus rides, but sometimes they are so good that I cheat and listen while I'm walking the dog.  I have read all of PD James' books over the years but I decided to get an audio version since some of them were read so long ago that the plot synopses weren't ringing any bells.  I got "A Taste for Death" and I have a new reference for some of the places mentioned.  For example when they talk of walking through this park and that park I know where they are.  It adds so much to the listening experience.  And this narrator is very good.  Some of the men do a very bad job with women's voices, a half falsetto voice that is really very grating to me.  Not so in this book.  His female voices are very subtle.

It's a week of little, irritating detail type things to get done before I am away at the meeting. It makes the day difficult to get through.  I look forward to my run.  It was raining this morning.  Fingers crossed it's finished for the day.

No comments: