05 January, 2012

That's more like it

It is quite crisp this morning, and clear.  It was pouring rain yesterday nearly all day, and in the evening the wind came up and blew all the clouds away.  I got soaked when I walked down to the Office Depot to put in the order for the booklet yesterday morning.  Even with an umbrella, going both ways my coat was quite wet when I got back.  Good thing I didn't have to run after that because it would have been miserable.  When I got home the rain had slacked off, so I left my umbrella in the apartment when I took Tinkerbell out for her walk and neglected to even take a hat and, of course, the rain came back and we were both soaked through when we got back.  It looks like I should have nice weather for my run today though if the clouds stay away.  Cold, I don't mind.  The rain is another matter.

I've done about a mile of ruffle and I've got another mile to go.  I have read the notes of other people doing this project and many of them say they stop when they get to the small/medium size because it looks like the ruffle is plenty big, but after finishing they regret not going for the larger size.  I believe it's because they are looking at this gigantic long ruffle and not realizing that it's the outside, longest edge they're looking at.  I'm going all the way because I want this to be luxurious and huge.

My paperwhite narcissus bulbs have flowered and every once in a while I catch the scent when I pass through the dining room or sit down at the table to eat.  I love that scent!  I wish I had gotten a couple more of them, although they don't last long.  I'll be able to enjoy these all next week and then by the time I get back from the meeting I suspect they'll be spent.

I am earning my salary this week for sure.  I can't wait for the weekend.  I want to sleep and sleep.  And sleep some more.  There will be some good football on this weekend.  Unfortunately the Seahawks are not in the playoffs.  I'm going to have to choose a team to follow.  Oh ... and I've got to find a party to attend for Super Bowl Sunday.  There are a couple of choices so far.  And it's a ways away. 

No comments: