24 January, 2012

Thank goodness for a lazy dog

I had an absolutely miserable night last night.  Consequently when the alarm went off at 6 am and I hadn't had more than a couple of hours of sleep, I emailed work and turned off the alarm and, thankfully, fell asleep.  And good dog Tink, she let me sleep until 9!  I really needed it.  I took her out around the garden once, since it is raining like crazy and I thought that would do it for her, but she's getting restless and can't figure out why she is not out for a long walk if I'm at home.  I will wait to see if the weather lets up.

When I was out on the whale watch last week I tried to take some pictures.  It is not easy and I finally quit trying and simply enjoyed the action on the water.  I was missing it when I was trying to get a picture.  I could have done video but it was a cloudy day and it was hard enough to see them with the naked eye.  I did download them to my iPad to take a look and yes, they are as bad as I had thought they would be.  Unless you know what you're looking at it is not clear they are whales.  I have a new respect for those photographers who manage to catch those awesome pictures.

Speaking of pictures -- I do have a picture of my ruffled scarf/wrap.  I wore it yesterday.  Definitely a cold weather accessory.  I absolutely love the colors and it was fun and easy to make.  Done in less than a month, and I didn't touch it for an entire week in that month.

No comments: