25 January, 2012

There's something to be said about sunshine

I like it.  Considering where I live, quite a few months out of the year I crave it.  And after a week in Hawaii, to come back to this weather is torture!  I suppose in another few days I'll be back to normal, but for now it is driving me crazy.  Today it is windy and rainy.  I am counting my blessings -- it is not snowing and for that I am extremely grateful.

I am going to have to miss noon knitting today, since I have a meeting at 1 in Renton.  I sure hope the freeway is clear.  It's a long drive and traffic is always bad at lunchtime.  I brought Tink with me today because I have no idea how long this is going to take.  It could take an hour, it could take four hours.  I can't risk having her stuck in the apartment and me fighting rush hour traffic to get back.  She sure hates getting into the car.  The stereotype is a dog who can't wait to "go for a ride".  Not so my Tinkerbell.  She puts the brakes on and I either have to drag her to the car or pick her up and put her in.  It's probably because most of our fun stuff is done without the car, and the not so fun stuff -- the grooming and the vet visits -- with the car.  If I had a window in my closet I would bring her in and close the door, but I don't so she stays in the car and I go out and walk her at lunchtime.  I'm going to have to bring her in on Friday as well since I have a hair appointment right after work.  She loves it there though because they make a big fuss over her.

Speaking of hair -- isn't it odd how one day your hair can be fine and the next day it is just too long.  That's where I am now.  Actually I noticed when I was in Hawaii.  The second day I was there I tried blowing my hair out as usual.  And it started out okay, but a few hours in that humidity and it was puffing out around my head.  I just gave up and put it up for the rest of the week.  But I noticed then that it is just too long, so I am looking forward to Friday and having her cut a bit off for me.

No comments: