27 January, 2012

Can sinuses be like an arthritic knee?

Well, I only ask because I had an epic sinus headache yesterday that lasted well into the night.  It is gone today but the weather changed and it was below freezing this morning and clear as a bell.  I think of the cliche of the old timer with the knee that aches when the weather is changing ..... I can't help where my mind wanders!  I'd much rather have a predictor about anything more interesting than a change in the weather.

I'm feeling somewhat philosophical today for a variety of reasons, none of which I feel like going into detail about.  But here's what I'm thinking -- Any day a good thing can happen.  This could be my day.  Or tomorrow.  It doesn't matter.  I just know that good things will happen, so I will wait for it.  In the meantime I won't worry or fret about things that I have no control over.  It is not worth the toll on my psyche.  I have so many wonderful, loving friends that I can't help but feel like the luckiest person in the entire world, no matter what happens!

And speaking of friends ... this morning the locks on my car doors were all frozen.  On days when I drive in and my car is frozen and frosty I turn it on and let it warm up while I walk Tinkerbell.  But I couldn't get the key into any of the door locks!  I wasn't sure what to do about it.  My instinct was to pour warm water over the lock, but I didn't know if that was something I could do or something I most definitely shouldn't do.  I needed some male input, so I started calling my male buddies hoping one of them would be up and about and have their phone on at 7:15.  I struck gold on the second call and yes, pouring water on the lock IS an acceptable solution.  And it worked!

I am looking forward to my haircut today.  I would like to run at lunchtime, but I can't because I have Tink and she is no fun to run with.  Next week though I MUST get back on track.  I'll only have two weeks then to get ready for the race on the 11th.  And as for the rest of the weekend -- nada.  I would like to finish up the convertible mittens I'm making to match the ruffled wrap.  I really should do some tidying up around the apartment.  The football is winding down -- as in there's only the pro bowl this weekend, then the Super Bowl and the long drought. Too bad I hate basketball.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Nice post!! Great information thanks for sharing this post.

arthritic knee carlsbad