04 January, 2012

Muscle memory

Well, my arm didn't have any trouble finding that snooze button on the clock this morning!  Straight as an arrow - pow!  That reminds me -- I don't hear that alarm buzzing and buzzing any more when I'm walking Tink in the garden in the morning.  They must have moved out.

All my plans for getting the booklet to the printer yesterday went exactly nowhere.  Oh, I got the changes made and the file sent off to proof but they didn't get back to me, so around 3 o'clock I phoned down to find out what was happening.  They were very busy, which turns out to be a good thing because right after I spoke to them I got an email from New York with a change - a talk removed from a platform session and changed into a poster.  Good thing the printers were busy because I was that close to having it done.  And then last night at 10:00 I got another email about a missing poster abstract.  So this morning I have a perfect reason to skip the Curriculum Meeting.  It seems such a simple thing to remove one talk and add two posters, but since I used a very very simple word processing program rather than something like InDesign, all of the page numbers for the abstract program and index entries are done by hand rather than automatically.  It is my hope that I can carve out a few weeks this winter to learn the professional program and then some change like this will be much easier plus I can make EPUB documents.  As it is, I can turn this booklet into a PDF and if one has an iPad or iPhone the PDF can be opened in iBooks and it's searchable.  It's a nice alternative but EPUB is more universal.  Ah!  Good news -- the boss just stopped by.  He's going to the Curriculum Meeting so now I don't feel bad about missing it at all.

I had a great run yesterday.  This weather is so very mild for this time of year.  All of the leaves are gone now, which I really noticed when I got back from California.  But it is not cold.  It's going to be quite a shock when the weather does turn.

Noon knitting today.  I brought the ruffle, which I worked on last night for an hour or so.  Tink got two decent walks last night and a little play time, but still at 8:30 she was nudging me and bugging me to go to the bedroom.  After she nudges me a couple of times I will put her on the floor and she'll either lay down there by my chair or the couch or head off to the bedroom.  Sometimes, like last night, she'll head off down the hall and then turn around and give me a look, take another step and do the same .... I just gave up and went to bed and read until I couldn't keep my eyes open. I had a great sleep. Now let's hope I have great success today and get this booklet out of my hair!!

No comments: