30 January, 2012

Isn't it nice when you can amuse yourself?

I am endlessly fascinated and amused by my dreams.  Nobody else, of course, would find them anywhere near as hilarious as I.  This morning I couldn't stop laughing for two reasons -- the first is that a character in a dream I had was called Cindy Cindy.  It's just so stupid! And the absurdity of the name struck me as so funny, I kept chuckling all morning as I got ready.  Also, sometimes when I sleep I put my hand up on my forehead and from time to time my hair will reflect this pose in hideous ways.  Every time I would catch sight of myself in the mirror -- which is a lot of times in the morning when I'm getting ready for work -- I would have to laugh at the sight of the front of my hair sticking up almost like those horrible rooster tail bangs girls used to wear.  It was a very jolly morning between the silly dream name and the ridiculous hair.  And that's a nice way to start the week, don't you think?

I am going to have an awesome run today.  There is a lot of moisture in the air and I've had quite a few days off.  Today I need to start two a day workouts so I can be ready for the race in two weeks and then there's a party at the end of the month and I get to dress up, so I need to drop these 5 pesky pounds I've put back on these past couple of lazy months. 

I wanted to finish up those mittens this weekend but I didn't get them done.  I did work on them a bit but I kept getting distracted.  Yesterday it was time for my least liked chore around the house -- spot cleaning the carpet.  This cheap, ugly, nasty apartment carpeting!  I hate it!  It was barely acceptable when I moved in and it's a beast to keep looking even half way decent.  Every few months I need to get out my little baby carpet cleaning machine, get on my hands and knees, and work out the spots that Tink gets on there with her bones and other goodies.  Plus every time a maintenance  man comes in for any little thing they leave spots all over.  It's sweaty, nasty work.  And for some reason the laundry room was busy all day and I had the washing machines snaked out from under me twice!  If I hadn't needed clean running gear I would have just skipped it and done it tonight, but I don't like my other long running pants so I stuck it out and got it done. 

Otherwise it was a pretty good weekend.  The weather was not bad, most of the time.  We didn't have a very long walk on Saturday because it was rainy, so we had a few more short ones.  But on Sunday we had a long, two hour walk and Tink slept for most of the rest of the day.  I should have washed her.  She is SO dirty.  It's hard to keep her clean in this weather and she needs a hair cut.  But it's going to have to wait for a few weeks.  I might have to bathe her this week after work though, depending on how much dirt I can get out with a good brushing. 

No comments: