23 January, 2012

Three trips in three months

That is a lot of air travel for me.  I love to travel.  I should say, I love to go places but the getting there sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.  There are certain types of travelers that just drive me crazy and unless one is in first class, they are unavoidable.  There is the large family, all with carry on baggage who lumber on and take ages and ages cramming their over large bags into the overhead bins.  Not only their overhead bins, because one of their huge bags pretty much does it, but the space allotted to other travelers as well.  Since I never carry on anything other than a purse and sometimes a laptop, it doesn't usually impact me, but it is annoying nonetheless.  Then there's the person sitting behind who is forever stuffing things into the seat back pocket so that it feels as if there is a toddler kicking you.  I also had a man across the aisle who would get up and bend over, his behind right in my face.  The grand finale on my trip home was the flight attendant who dropped a cup of orange juice on me.  I couldn't believe it. 

The bright spot on my trip home was the movie I had to watch on my iPad.  On the way over I watched "Cowboys vs Aliens" and coming home I had "Midnight in Paris", which was suggested to me when I was in Europe.  I generally don't watch movies about Paris because it makes me sad, but this was a very charming film.  I am SO glad I watched it.  I really enjoyed it.  I see it's up for a best picture Oscar and I can see why.

The snow was all gone on the major roads by the time I got my car Friday night.  The parking lot where it was stored was a mess, but the boys brought my car up to the covered area for me and cleared off the snow.  On top of the car there was at least six inches, if not more, of snow covered by ice.  It must have been a nightmare trying to get around last week.  If I had gotten home Wednesday or Thursday I wouldn't have been able to drive home.

I didn't get into bed until after midnight, but oh it felt good.   I picked Tink up Saturday morning.  They always give her a bath and she was all nice and clean until we went for a walk.  The snow and slush on the sidewalks is so very dirty and her hair just sucked it up.   I need to get her groomed soon.

I finished the ruffled wrap yesterday while I was doing laundry and since I had a couple balls of yarn left over I'm making a pair of mittens to match.  It isn't as cold as it was last week, but still it is windy and wet and cold.  And since the University was closed for three days while I was gone, I have a bunch of class work to move around.  I'd better get to it!

No comments: