17 January, 2012

Weather everywhere!

Oh I am so disappointed!  I just got a phone call from the tour operators that the whale watching trip today has been canceled due to high winds and waves.  And it is blowing quite hard.  I have re-scheduled for Thursday but ... now what?  I probably should have gotten on the shuttle and gone to the brewery for lunch, but that ship has already sailed .. ha ....  I think Plan B will be a walk up the hill to the other shopping area where there are several restaurants and a great view on the way back.  Then I can spend the afternoon working on the tan at the pool.  Now that the holiday is over it seems that the children are gone as well.  Bonus.

The luau last night was excellent!  A stage was set up on the lawn and there was a lovely buffet, although something I ate didn't agree with me and I had a bad hour or so during the night.  I think the culprit was some mystery fried something or other.  Everyone was quite keen on them so I thought I'd give it a try even though I don't typically eat those types of things.  And I soon remembered why.  Ah well ....  The dancers were very good and this show had dances from each one of the 5 or so Pacific Island cultures.  The highlight of the show was the fire dance.  And it was really cool.  Top that off by cake for dessert.  I love cake.

Well, off I got on a little adventure.  And I've got flat sandals on for this walk.  One nice thing about the wind is that when I do get around to sunbathing it will keep me cool.  Maybe this afternoon if I get to feeling I've had enough sun I'll come in and do a little knitting.   The view from here is quite nice if you settle yourself where the roof isn't in your direct line of sight.  Like on the bed.

No comments: