13 January, 2012

A kind of vacation day

Because I was nearly finished getting things set up for my week away from the office, I decided to take today as a vacation day so I could do laundry and clean and pack in a leisurely manner instead of having to do it all in a rush tonight.  There is some work I am able to do from the meeting hotel, but anything that requires downloading files onto the department server I cannot do because of security issues.  With just one last site to tidy up, awaiting dummy file names from a faculty member, the little bit of work I would have to do from home today wouldn't be worth counting.  That's what I thought.  Unfortunately there has been one emergency after another.  I think the worst of it is over for now, finally.  And since a pipe burst in my building there is not water so I can't do laundry at this time anyway!  Annoying but it should be back on in another hour or so. 

It's cold, very cold and should be snowing by tomorrow evening.  I am getting out just in time!  I had a nice sleep in and Tink got a lovely long walk, then I hopped over to the mall to see if I could, by chance, find another pair of shorts.  I found that I only own two pairs and they're not very nice ones.  As luck would have it they were having a huge sale at Macy's and I got a gorgeous pair of linen shorts, a pair of black ones and another pair of white jeans.  I do have a pair of white jeans already, but they're very trendy and more like leggings and I don't think they're very appropriate in a business setting.  These are much more decorous.  So I'm set!  If I could only do a little laundry I could pack.

I didn't work on the ruffled monstrosity last night because my elbow was hurting .... oddly since it has been so much better lately.  I didn't want to aggravate it further,  I think I'll take the bag of sock yarn and needles that I took to Europe with me.  If I do get the urge to knit I will have something to hand.

Well, I can't put it off any longer.  I guess I'm going to have to clean the apartment until I can do laundry.  Pictures from Hawaii coming soon.

No comments: