11 January, 2012

You just never know ..

what you're going to find in the mailbox.  Yesterday afternoon I went to check my office mail and found a red envelope and when I opened it ..... a Christmas card!  Granted, it came from far away but air mail nonetheless.  Where could it have been for these past weeks?  It may have been stuck in the UW postal system.  I don't care.  It was a wonderful surprise and almost like having Christmas all over again.

The weather is like Christmas too -- very cold and clear.  The sunrise today was gorgeous!  Very  ... I was going to say red, but it wasn't red exactly.  Somewhere between red and pink.  Beautiful!  I see from the extended weather forecast that it may be snowing next week, or sleeting anyway.   Gosh, I'm going to be sorry to miss that!

I only got a few rows done on the Mochi Plus Ruffled Shawl last night.  The evening just got away from me and so it wasn't until after 7:30 when I could sit down with it and then not for long.  I don't have much hope of getting too much more done on it until I get back.  I've got noon knitting today, and then the next three evenings.  But I've got to do laundry and pack on Friday so that doesn't count, so two more evenings.  I won't be taking it with me, that's for sure!

No running today and that's a good thing.  I am sore from starting up my evening work outs again and I could use the rest.  I found an exercise yesterday that my elbow most definitely does NOT like, and that's reverse flys.  Otherwise the triceps work is fine and the curls and push ups as well.  It is a little sore today, but still better that it was.  Sometimes I don't even notice it.  I did have a restless night last night, but I am not sure if it was the elbow or the noise.  I do remember hearing a car alarm going off and then fading away as the tow truck dragged the car out of the lot.  They don't fool around here.  If you find someone in your parking spot there is a number to call and the tow truck comes and away they go.  There are quite a few visitor spots as well as street parking so there is really no reason to take a spot that isn't yours.  But some people ....  It's an expensive mistake.

No comments: