03 March, 2015

Automatic

Good news for me -- the exam was over by 11:30 and I got to the gym early enough to beat the rush.  I got my basket and towel and changed and walked up to the top floor.  Ah, it was the same as it was when I was there before.  The basement has locker rooms and studios for classes plus a big free weight area, the main floor has mostly machines with a couple of small areas with mats for stretching and floor exercises.  The second floor is access to the climbing wall and the top floor is a glass enclosed track with two areas inside the track divided by an elevator.  One side is a small group of machines - treadmills, Precors and bicycles.  The other side has the older weight machines and stretching mats.  This part is used by fewer people, and mostly more mature people - except for those running.  I like it up there.  And I wasn't the oldest person nor the fattest.  Bonus.  I did 30 minutes on the Precor and then a few sets on a couple of upper body machines.  I didn't want to overdo it and I did well -- I'm just a little bit sore in my chest and arms.  Perfect.  Today is noon knitting so I get a rest and then Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I can hit it again.  Wednesday I'll probably bike and do a few leg machines.  Then we'll take it from there.  Perhaps on Friday I can have a little run.  We'll see.

It is cold and clear.  Really cold.  I like all of the sunshine though.  I am looking forward to turning the clocks forward this coming weekend.  It will be nice to have a little more light at the end of the day, although darker mornings for a while longer.

My hand is a little sore still from all the knitting I did over the past few weeks so I gave it a rest last night.  I know what I'm getting in my Luxe Yarnbox so now I can plan my next project.  Not to say that Jo's Pride is done, but I'm leaving it here at work and only working on it Tuesdays for now.  I need less intense projects for home.

No comments: