19 March, 2015

New project

I came home to find four packages on the porch!  And one of them was the yarn I have been waiting for, the five skeins of Noro Ayatori. Isn't that just springtime in a skein?  I couldn't wait to start my new project using this yarn.  I got the kitchen cleaned up, a load of laundry going and then wound up two balls of Noro Cash Iroha in a light pink to use as the "furrow" yarn, and one ball of the silver Artyarns Silk and Sequins light from a Yarnbox to use for one sparkly "field", and I cast on for the Swing Knits Autumn Fusion although obviously mine will be a Spring Fusion.  I got to field 9, which was a good start.  But it was getting late and I wanted to read, so I headed to bed. 

And then what happened?  I read, and read and still didn't feel like I could fall asleep, but by then is was getting really late, so I put the iPad away and tossed and turned for what seemed like hours.  Needless to say, I was NOT ready for the alarm go to off this morning.  The only good thing about this is that I will for sure sleep the sleep of the dead tonight!



No comments: