16 December, 2015

A picture of the blanket

Well here it is, finally. It is 60 inches tall and 48 wide.  And it is heavy.  It took 15 skeins of Fez and four of the magenta, which is Manos del Uraguay Wool Classica.  So yeah, it does have some heft to it.  But it's also super soft, because of the camel content in the Fez and very warm.  My first, and probably last, blanket.  And now I'm working on a simple ribbed scarf for bed, using the Jade Sapphire cashmere I traded for, and adding in some yarn from last year's December Luxe box .... I can't remember the name, but it's also super soft.  It's going to be a very nice scarf - simple rib pattern but with exceptional yarn.

So yesterday I worked from home with a trip to the dentist in between.  What I found out was that the tooth I thought had been the main event was in fact not.  It was the smaller tooth with the gaping hole.  She had filled it but when she filled it she scooped out the inside to make the bite right, instead of just scraping like Dr. Fukuda does.  She did it a bit too much leaving a jagged hole that fills with food.  And Dr. Fukuda says it really should have been crowned rather than re-filled.  It's not very stable since the filling was large.  What can we do?  Well, she can't just add more filling because it won't stick.  She could perhaps bond some resin on there and the worst case is that it would fall off.  She is having the receptionist try to re-submit the original request to the insurance company to see if can be changed to a crown.  We will have to wait.

And I'd better get on the stick with my Christmas shopping!!

No comments: