18 December, 2015

Luxury yarn

All during the 2 hours and 45 minutes meeting last night -- yes, you read that right.  Started at 5 and ended at 7:45.  Ridiculous but there you go.  At least it was the last one.  I am hoping the MSK group, which is now my new evening meeting starting next Tuesday, will hold itself to one hour.  Anyway, all during the meeting last night I was working furiously on that ribbed scarf.  Cashmere and, to stretch the middle out a bit since I only have three skeins of Jade Sapphire, I used some of the Techno I got in my first Yarnbox Luxe.  Oh is that every nice yarn.  Alpaca and silk and merino fluff blown into a tube.  Light as air and soft as ... well, super soft.  This scarf is going to be SO nice.  I have almost decided on my next project.  Almost.

That late meeting made the evening quite short.  We had onion soup and shared my leftover sandwich from Wednesday, then I sat down to watch a bit of TV and knit and before I knew it, it was 9:30 and I was dog tired.  I didn't get a very good sleep though.  I woke at 2:30 and had a hard time getting back to sleep.  Too much on my mind and I was a little congested.  Am I sick of this cold?  Ya think?  It's only been 7 weeks.

I got the gifts sent off to California yesterday.  I need to infuse a bottle of tequila to add to my white elephant gift.  I guess I'd better get that done tomorrow.  It's takes a good three days to get the right amount of heat.  And I have to wrap Ben's gifts and that's it.  Of course, I am waiting for one to come in the mail and I would like to buy a little something else ..... we'll see.

No comments: