22 December, 2015

The back roads

Google maps has gotten so much better.  One thing I love about it is that it takes me through the back roads, rather than defaulting to the freeway.  I had to run an errand yesterday and if I hadn't used Google Maps I would have gotten on the freeway to head home, but instead I put in my address and got a lovely drive home on roads I've never traveled.  It was a shame that the weather was so bad because I couldn't really enjoy the scenery as much as I would have liked, but it was fun nevertheless.

And no traffic this morning!  I had time to stop at Starbucks and get an eggnog latte.  A free one, since I had my 12 coffee bonus.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Today we are celebrating Sandra's retirement with a lunch at Ivar's.  Then I've got to scoot home because I've got the first of my new 5 o'clock meetings.  Not my favorite thing in the world, especially since this meeting is supposed to be just going through questions to ferret out objectives.  Not at all fun and really, not too much note taking.

Last night I put a really cute tassel on the hat I made Sunday.  I need to figure out my next project although I think I might hold off a week because the new Yarnbox plus Artyarns is coming and the yarn is absolutely gorgeous!  I just hope the pattern is nice as well.

No comments: