07 December, 2015

Working on that Christmas spirit

We got up and out fairly early on Saturday, and headed in to town for a day of Christmas shopping and generally just having some holiday fun.  It was pouring rain.  No, POURING rain for pretty much the entire day.  Luckily there was a room available so we were able to check in at 10 o'clock and head down to the Public Market.  We did a pretty thorough sweep through there and I found my sister's birthday present.  After a nice lunch at Pike Place Brewery we headed to DiLaurenti's and got a few things for one of the white elephant gifts.  In retrospect I think it was a bad idea, we should have done more shopping along 1st, but instead we dropped our packages off at the hotel and went down to Pioneer Square.  That was a bust.  There weren't nearly as many shops as I had thought there would be - well it's been a while since I've been down there.  We got through all of them down there and headed back up town but I really didn't feel like going to the big mall area - it was nearly 4 and getting dark and raining like crazy.  So we headed back to the hotel and watched football and had an early dinner and watched movies in the room.  It was relaxing and fun.  There's good football this time of year.

Sunday we did the grocery shopping on the way home, then went out and got the Christmas tree.  The Seahawks game was recording so we got all of the running around done and then settled in and watched them just beat the tar out of the Vikings.  Pretty great game.  We couldn't pick Tink up until 3:30 so we finished decorating the outside of the house, got the tree up and decorated.  Whew -- that's a lot of work on a weekend considering we walked all day Saturday.  But was I done?  Heck no!  I knit and knit on that blanket while I was watching football and finished up the last magenta stripe and now I am on the very last grey one!  Whoohoo.  I am going to keep at it this week and finish that thing up.  I am SO done with it.  It is beautiful though, I'll be the first to say so.  And oh so soft.

No comments: