14 June, 2016

My morning cup of tea

Sometimes it just smell sooooooo delicious!  This is one of those mornings.  It tastes good too, but the scent of it.  It's a little chilly this morning so it is very welcome.

I was awakened twice last night by the sound of the rain.  I think the downspout on the gutter near the bedroom window is leaking because the sound was more of a splat than a gentle pitter patter.  I had come home and soaked the new rose bushes and the rhodies and then they got a double soak from the rain. I don't have to worry about them any more though.  I am 100% sure they were soaked to the roots and then some.

Yesterday was a long and busy day.  First I had a dentist appointment at 10 and then the rest of the day was back to back meetings.  And I couldn't keep my eyes open.  I kept getting up and walking around in an effort to stay awake.  Very annoying.  I did sleep well last night though, except for the rain.

Tink is going to the vet today to get her ears checked.  I know something is going on with them but I'm not exactly sure it's a yeast infection, which is the normal thing that goes wrong.  She shakes her head but her ears are not dropped.  There was moisture and gunk in there and I did dose her up a couple times with the yeast medicine.  What is really getting me though is that when I come home sometimes she's sleeping in her bed and she doesn't come right out when she normally would.  I can go into the room and stand there and call her several times.  I know she's old so maybe she's just losing her hearing, but I want a professional's advice.

I wish I could find my knitting mojo.  I think I have to reassess the projects I have going and maybe frog something.  I don't know.  I need time.

No comments: