29 August, 2016

A long, lonesome weekend

I managed to keep busy, but it was a long and quiet weekend.  Tinkie got two really nice walks in the park and the weather was good enough on Sunday to work in the garden.  I dug out the old raspberries and planted some perennials.  And I got some other flowers for the pots along the walk.  Oddly enough, the cherry tomatoes and the early girls are still ripening and the roma tomatoes are still all green!  Not even a blush on any of them.  I can't figure it out.  That plant is right between the other two.

I did tons of practice drafts on Saturday and one Sunday morning in preparation for our 2 o'clock draft.  I got third pick, which is a sweet spot, and I think I did pretty good.  I know at least I was on the right track with players because my picks got stolen six times.  That is frustrating but it happens to everyone.  The proof will be in the playing, of course, but I got Russell Wilson for my QB.  That is awesome. 

So now I start my last week of work.  I woke up at 3 am and wasn't able to get back to sleep until almost 5, so I am very tired this morning and I was not happy to hear that alarm.  Only four more times. 

No comments: