12 August, 2016

When the dream lingers

I woke up this morning feeling like I had spent some time with an old old friend.  It was the dream I had, but the feeling of being with that person just stuck around.  It's still here.  This happened to me ... oh maybe six months ago.  I like it, but it's bittersweet as well. 

Friday is here and I've got a bazillion things to get organized for the party tomorrow.  People won't be arriving until late afternoon so I've got plenty of time to get everything done plus have a lie in, which I really really need.  I fell asleep after my alarm went off for the first time and was in deep deep sleep when it went off at 6:09.  Urgh.

We watched a little bit of the pre-season game on last night but it wasn't very interesting since it was nearly the end of the game and all the players are 3rd stringers.  But I will be watching the Seahawks on Saturday, at least for the first quarter.  I even did a little bit of knitting last night.  I have a pair of socks I've been working on for a year or so - just handy knitting to have around when you need a fix.  They're not too hot to be in one's lap.  It got hot yesterday and today it is going to be even hotter.  And hot for the foreseeable future - at least what is foreseeable on the iPhone weather app.  I brought the fans out again last night.

Saturday the party and Sunday resting up.  Hopefully I can get some good sleep in there as well.

No comments: