30 August, 2016

I can't quite grasp it

I know that this is my last week of work.  Ever.  But I don't seem to have a grasp on what it means.  Silly, I know.  I think I should be feeling more .... just more.  It feels like I am going on vacation or something.  Except my office is starting to look tidier.  I cleaned all of the papers off my desk.  That's kind of my filing area, if you know what I mean.  I need to start hauling other things away - my stash of workout clothes, my lotions and coffee cups and odd ball things.  In the trash or take home.  I think I'd prefer to toss everything except the workout clothes, truth be told.  I am really really ready.

And here's what's pissing me off today .... The administrator is on vacation.  She came in yesterday but that is her only day of work this week.  And lo and behold, doesn't Joyce have an "issue" with her father and needs to stay home to take care of it.  Uh ... caretakers?  The phone?  He's in an assisted living situation so it is completely not necessary for her to be there, especially since Monika is working from home because her cat had an operation.  Both of these women only work 4 days a week as it is.  And we're short handed.  I mean, I am completely and utterly useless as a front office person.  I don't do packages except I can sign for them.  I don't know anything about anything someone would come ask about.  Oh heavens.  I just need to power through.

I ate left overs again last night but tonight I'm going to make some nice pasta with tomatoes from my garden and Kalamata olives and capers.  Kind of my own Putanesca sauce from scratch.  It is delicious if I do say so myself.  I went to bed kind of early last night and read for a while, then fell asleep around 9.  I was SO tired from waking at 3 am Monday morning, so I slept well, except Tinkerbell got too hot and wanted off the bed.  Fine.  She went under it.  Then an hour or so later came out from under the bed and woke me walking around.  Then when I tried to get her back on the bed she went back under - her favorite midnight game.  I did not like hearing that alarm. But when do I ever?  Not long now.  Three more times.

No comments: