03 July, 2006

Almost too hot to knit

Almost ... but I did get some good work done on my cardigan all the same. I've gotten all of the increases done and now just have to do about 5 or 6 more inches of ribbing. It's going to be a bit tedious but I just know I'm going to wear that sweater to death so ..... I will keep slogging away on it.

What I really really need to do is get those socks finished because I came up with a KILLER idea for a submission to the winter edition of Knitty. I am really excited about it but I need the two size 2 Addis that I have tied up with that second sock so I'm super motivated to finish them and go search out the perfect red red lipstick red yarn for my project. It's unfortunate that I can't blog about it in detail because that's one of the things with a submitting a pattern - it can't have been published on your blog or anything. So let's see if I can actually keep my mouth - or in this case my fingers - mum!

I'm taking this day as vacation since tomorrow is a holiday. I couldn't see going into work, especially since it's not that busy. Plus which I went out last night and I think I would have had a very difficult time getting myself up and to work in time this morning. I met some girls out at a bar and I danced! It was SO MUCH FUN! It was kind of a country place but the guys are great because they just want to dance and dance! I loved it. Definitely going to do it again.

I found a couch this weekend after looking and looking and they just delivered it so now I've got to continue shifting furniture around. I am not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet but it's going to involve moving a big wall unit and I'm not too excited about that. There are felt pads on the feet of it so I think I can just take the books out of it and push. Let's hope.

No comments: