10 August, 2006

And around and around

My brown "Green Gable" top is taking shape. I got lots of good work done on it yesterday while I was waiting around and in the evening I watched movies and got the sleeves on holders and started working on the body. Now it's just around and around and around ...there is some shaping to look forward to but other than that, the ultimate mindless knitting project. My goal for the weekend is going to be finishing up that ribbon shrug. And I am now almost 100% sure (how's that for ambiguity?) that I'm going to frog (yet again) my x-back top and use the ribbon for something else. I am just not feeling it and I refuse to knit on something when it feels like work. I don't like having a bunch of stalled projects laying around. I like to keep things tidy.

I spent a considerable amount of time daydreaming about what I wanted to do with the beautiful pink yarns that my SP sent me. They coordinate beautifully and the lighter one is a bit fuzzy. I was thinking that a raglan pull-over with the top and sleeves the lighter color, might just be the thing. Ideally I'd like to put small cables or twisted stitch patterns in the contrasting color but I don't know if it would be viable. Maybe not anything too fancy. Well I'm going to have to think about it a bit. Maybe one going down each arm to bring the colors together. Sky's the limit, right?

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Whew...be careful...one can get very dizzy going round and round and round. LOL I'm gonna feel like a complete knitting loser if you actually finish before me. :)

Enjoy the day!