21 August, 2006

Made it through the weekend

Indeed. I made it through the weekend. I had chores to do for my Dad and I got them done and rewarded myself with a manicure and pedicure. Unfortunately the salon was so busy that I got a crappy manicure - she didn't even put a top coat on it! A dull French. Not good. I have some top coat so I guess I'll do it myself.

My Secret Pal is going to scream, unless she's been hitting the Green Gable herself, because what with hanging in the ER last week and football last night I've got maybe 2 inches left to knit on the body! yay! That's one of the things I love about football season. I can sit and knit and knit and watch football and really get tons done. I also watched a movie Saturday night and knit on it then as well. That's what comes of not having a social life too, of course. When that changes my knitting output is going to plummet.

The heat is going to get turned up here in Seattle again. It's supposed to be 87 degrees today. I'd better get out and run before it gets too hot. I MUST work out and run every day this week. I have gained about 10 pounds since I got back from my vacation. Not good. It's easy to ride my bike but running in this heat is tough. Oh well, no more whining.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Ah Ha...no screaming from me, girlfriend. I finished that sweater last night, but...I have decided on longer sleeves. I've spent so much at Elann.com, I had a hefty $50 credit waiting for me that I didn't even know about. I ordered three more skeins of the brown Sonota to finish the sleeves, having one full skein here on hand. I think a long sleeve is the way I am going to go. The neck line fits great. I didn't go with too fitted, so this will be a great weekend sweater.

Sherrill said...

P.S. Frogging the ribbing on the sleeves has not been fun...I was SOOOO good at weaving in the ends. :)