25 August, 2006

It's Friday!!

And gorgeous weather to boot and it's supposed to be gorgeous all the weekend! I don't suppose I'm going to get too terribly much knitting done. I am a bit bummed because I WAS going to go to Mt. St. Helens to climb up to the crater but unfortunately they only allow 100 people a day to go up and all of the permits are taken from now at least through the end of September. So. No big deal. There are tons and tons of things to do in Seattle, especially at this time of the year. Maybe a nice bike ride. Maybe a walk in Discovery Park. There's some kind of festival at Marymoor. On and on and on.

I stayed up too late last night and didn't sleep at all well. Not complaining. At all. Sleepless for a good cause. But still I'm groggy all the same. I took my Dad to a doctor appointment this morning, ran some errands for him and got to work at 11:30 and I'm considering skipping out by 3 for a little nap. The IT guy is home sick and I can't make changes to some documents which is throwing me off. But I got a whole lot of other stuff done so I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Yessir.

Oooo! I love Elann -- how many times have I said that? Anyway, my yarn for the Ogee Tunic came last night. I had to hold myself back from swatching it. I've got too many projects on the needles now as it is. I am almost done with my socks - the toe up ones. In fact I was working on them at the doctor's office and had two people come up to me to look at them. A few more inches of ribbing and then I am going to cast on with the Koigu I tried my first 2 at once with. I was wearing my first pair of top down ribbed socks last night and realized what a perfect pattern that is. I just don't like doing top down for the measuring part. I like to be able to make the top as long as I want it. So I'm going to do toe up one more time and try yet another heel. I have GOT to find a toe up heel I like. The short row one I don't like the looks of. I like the gusset heel. There are a couple patterns out there so that's my quest - the perfect toe up heel. Preferably one you can do 2 at a time. (Although come to think of it one of my knitting companions on Wednesday afternoons is doing top down 2 at a time on 2 circs and she got past the heels. I have to ask her about that. I must have been missing something very elemental.)

No comments: