08 August, 2006

Happy Birthday to meeeeeee

Yes indeed, another year gone. I can hardly believe it. I was remarking how one's perspective changes over the years regarding birthdays. When you're young you're excited because you're one year older! And when you're a bit older you're excited because of the gifts and the fun you are going to have at your party. BUT after you hit a certain age .... yikes. The years move by too quickly. That's not to say that I'm not excited about the gifts and the party. And thankfully I've trained my friends over the years not to question me about my age. Nothing can ruin the party mood faster than that horrible question, "So Shelley, how old ARE you anyway"? Not so old that I can't kick your butt for asking such a nasty question!!

I like to spread the birthday celebration out as long as possible. This one started last Friday when my friend R took me out for dinner and a movie. We were going to see "A Prairie Home Companion" but it was gone from that theatre so instead we went to see "Little Miss Sunshine". I just howled! It is the funniest movie I've seen in ages and ages. Definitely I want to see it again.

I had a wardrobe crisis this morning that almost put a crimp in my happy day. I had gone shopping Saturday and found some great goodies at Macys and I planned on wearing my new skirt, top and sandals today. Well it is cloudy and significantly cooler today than the weekend so I decided to forego the sandals. I wore my new top Sunday night and, unfortunately, got a bit of dinner on it. I just figured I'd spot clean it this morning but the spots turned out to be a little more stubborn than I had imagined so there I was going through my drawers trying to find something to wear with this skirt. And then had to find shoes to go with it. Well ... it's a girl thing, what can I say? I did end up getting myself together finally and was only 1/2 hour late to work. So for the rest of the day - the fun part - I am going to skip the gym today and meet a group of women to knit at lunchtime. Could be fun! Knitting in the daytime on a weekday! And then I've got an appointment for a massage at 3. And after that a little party tonight with my Pub Night pals. It's going to be a good day.

I got a lot done on the shrug last night. A couple more good pushes and it should be done. I'm going to work on my Green Gables at lunch today. Once I get the sleeves on holders that thing is going to just practically knit itself.

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

It's your birthday and you can knit if you want to...tralalalala! Happy Birthday, Shelley. May your day be filled with fun and may you not drink too much at the pub tonight! There's still work tomorrow! :)

Kerry said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!