01 August, 2006

My contacts are in backwards

I am not joking. It is the weirdest feeling! Somehow I put the wrong cap on the contact lens case and voila! I don't know why I didn't catch it this morning but I didn't. Too busy rounding up all my gear I guess. I noticed it when I was biking in, looking out ahead of me. I can't switch them because I don't have stuff. Whooooo ... it's strange.

I was home yesterday with a tweaky back and did a bit of knitting but not too much. My foolproof, TV knitting - the shrug - got somehow messed up! I am just furious about it but I don't think I'm going to try to rip it out because it's frayed ribbon. Impossible. How did I mess it up? Well the only sure way to tell front from back was where the tail was . If the tail was on my left it was a knit row, and on my right a purl row. However, when I put the second ball of yarn on I left a tail that was too long and I must have misread the signal so I therefore purled when I should have knit or the other way around leaving me with a 3 row garter ridge. It's not stunningly obvious and I think it would be much easier to ignore than try to fix, ya know?

My new favorite TV show is a British program (or should I say programme?) called "Life on Mars". It's a great replacement for "Lost" until they start up again. I believe there are only about 8 episodes of this program for it's first season. The premise is cool - a police detective gets into an accident and wakes up in 1973 and works for the police again. It's kind of hard to explain but he wakes up dressed in 70's clothing, etc.

I did a few rows on Green Gable last night as well. Tonight I should be able to get some good work done on it, maybe even get the sleeves on holders. I am anxious to tackle something difficult. I can't decide if it will be the Rock Star Cardigan or the Ogee Tunic. I found a Knitting Nature KAL that I am going to ask to join.

No comments: