11 August, 2006

I've got a hankerin' for some wool

I was fondling my yarn last night. Currently I am working on a cotton yarn project and a ribbon yarn project (I haven't picked up my socks for weeks!). And I was thinking that I am anxious to get something wool on the needles. I think it's probably because it's not been very sunny or warm lately. You know ... cooler weather, warmer projects.

Speaking of projects - here are pictures of my current WIPs. My brown "Green Gable" is coming along nicely. The hole in the front where I mistakenly picked up an extra stitch is visible but gets less so as I go down the body. I imagine that when it's on it won't be so bad because as I stretch the fabric down it disappears. Well, we'll keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

The ribbon shrug is like a scarf at this point - a stockinette scarf. It goes pretty quickly but is not really a TV project because the ribbon is a bit tricky to knit with and you can't do it by feel or you end up poking the needle through the ribbon. I don't know what I'm going to do tonight, but if I end up staying home I'll most likely get a few more inches done on both of these projects.

Tomorrow is the first Seahawks preseason game! Woohoo! I am excited!!!!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Lookin' good...but darn it...you are almost caught up to where I am on my Brown Green Gable...lol...they look exactly alike...only because I purchased enough of the brown cotton for both of us to make the lovely top.

Have fun at the game...go Seahawks, go Seahawks...