09 August, 2006

It was a most satisfying day


It was a GREAT birthday. Just wonderful. Massage, gifts, flowers, food, tequila, cake, company and lots and lots of laughs. Who could ask for more? And my wonderful Secret Pal sent me a beautiful birthday box filled with pink yarns! And "Welcome to the Knit Cafe" book, chocolates, lavender sachets for my wool and a card. Secret Pal, THANK YOU!!!! If you don't win that contest I will be very surprised.

Yesterday was also eventful in a knitting sense because I joined my very first knitting group. One of my friends at work introduced me to a woman who knits and find out she has a couple other pals who meet once a week at lunchtime to knit and chat. It was just nice. Can you believe I've been knitting seriously for two years and this is the first time I've actually sat and knitted with other like minded (addicted) people. I was a little intimidated at first but I got over it.

I am not actually working today. I figured I wouldn't much feel like getting up this morning and I didn't. This is like half a vacation day because I have to take Dad to the doctor this afternoon. I was working on my brown Green Gable top yesterday and I think I'll stick with that today.

And now I seriously need coffee.

No comments: