24 August, 2006

"Snakes on a Plane"?? Hah!

What about "Mosquitos in the Bedroom"?? Now that's scary. And annoying. I had not one, but two freakin' mosquitos dive bombing me last night for almost an hour. PLUS (oh yeah, there's more) about 1:30 AM one of them came back, hoping to catch me asleep and maybe finding a limb out of the covers. No such luck. It was cool enough last night that I managed to stay covered up and I woke up with no new bites. Cold comfort considering I have at least 5, maybe more, scattered all over my body. The one that is driving me nuts is the one right in the middle of my back. Watching me walking down the hall must be a treat as I twitch and reach my arm back to try to ease the itch. Didn't that used to be a trick boys would play in high school - having you reach behind your back for something. Not that it was an issue when I was in high school. I'm a "late bloomer", thank goodness.

Got another package from my sweet SP. This themed "Back to School" with primary colored sock yarn, a cute little lamb pin and a nifty pattern/card thingie. I love it! What a great idea. Oh, and some Peppermint Patties. mmmmmmmm

I got a little bit of knitting done last night on the "A Bit of Lace Cardigan". I have finished the sleeves and back and am nearly done with the right side. I had to wind another ball and did so while I was cooking dinner (which is another story), then after I ate Tinkie needed to have her ball thrown, then the phone rang and before I knew it, there was bedtime. Oh well, maybe tonight.

Dinner: I went up to the grocery store to get a couple things for my lunches and a piece of salmon for dinner. The "meat guy" was cooking up these lemon pepper chicken vegie skewers for samples and they were just really yummy. So I bought a couple of them as well as the salmon. I was going to have the salmon and vegetable rice mix for dinner but then figured I could have the salmon next time and eat the chicken and vegies then. So I cooked them up and took them downstairs to watch a bit of TV while I was eating. OMG! They were too hot! I mean ... I have a pretty high tolerance for heat in food but this .... dang! Somebody obviously over seasoned them. I ate a few pieces and then threw in the towel. I saved it though. I think I'll mix it with the rice and vegetable mix and see if that doesn't calm down the heat. I sure was disappointed though. That's why I ate the two Peppermint Patties. To cool down my mouth. yeah

I told my Secret Pal that I ordered the yarn for the Ogee Tunic from "Knitting Nature". Here's a picture. Size 4 needles. Straights. It's going to be a tough go. I'll tell you what I think it going to be the worst though -- the back. Inches and inches and inches of StSt on size 4s. ooooff

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I just knew that book would be a good match for you. I love the tunic. Size 4 needles, wouldn't you rather a stick in the eye when doing st st on that one. :)

Sounds like you need bug netting over the bed to sleep safely and soundly. LOL Maybe I'll just send you some bug-off. :)