03 August, 2006

It's like she's reading my mind!


My Secret Pal is very VERY cool! Look at my goodie box that arrived yesterday. She made me a CD ... you probably can't read the label since the picture was taken with the dreaded camera phone, but it says "All Purpose Music An SP8 Production". A terrific selection of music! My musical tastes are all over the place and this has stuff I am familiar with and new (for me) stuff as well! Good job! Also in the box is a pattern that I had noticed and thought I might make called "Marigold" and some Endless Summer yarn to make it! Wow! Thanks Secret Pal!! You are incredible!!

I, on the other hand, am most certainly not incredible. What a bonehead move I made yesterday! I took my "Green Gables" in progress with me to the hair salon. I had needle protectors on the ends of the needles but didn't bother putting it in a basket or bag since it's relatively small and I wasn't going far, just to the car. One of the needle caps came off (of course) and I noticed it as I was getting into the car. I replaced it but thought I might have dropped a stitch. When I parked and before I went into the salon I looked more closely and was pretty darned sure I had dropped a stitch. So I picked it up and went on my merry way. After a few rounds at the salon I noticed a hole where there shouldn't be one. *Sigh* Had I dropped 2 stitches? I am very happy with how perfect my "Green Gables" is so far. I didn't make a single mistake in the lace portion. It's perfect. So I was so upset that I had made this stupid stupid move! When I got home I knit up to the offending hole and, thinking that I hadn't picked up enough stitches, let the four rows of that stitch unravel, got out the trusty hook and started making the ladder. Ahhhhh and then it dawned on me. I hadn't dropped a stitch!! I just thought I had!! ARghghghghgh!!! And now I have loose stitches in the front. I pulled them up on the inside and I'm hoping that I can kind of spread out the damage as I go along so it's not so noticeable. Good heavens!! Just when you think you've made every stupid mistake in the book, huh?

No comments: